Is it possable to see a gestational sac after less than a week of being pregnant?

Me and my husband seperated on Oct. 11th. on Oct. 24 i had a one night stand witch i have never had before. 4 days after that one night stand i was seen in the ER for being sick. They discovered i was pregnant. They did a vaginal ultrasound at that time and told me they saw the sac just no heart beat or fetal pole yet. I have since told my husband and he does not think that the baby could be his. As of my appointment today and ultrasound they said i was 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. How accurate is the determanation the ultra sound came up with? Since i don't know the last date of my menstral period.

laceyrene

Asked by laceyrene at 10:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The earlier, the more accurate is what my ob has told me.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thank you. I have been told the same. But im just scared i think.
    laceyrene

Comment by laceyrene (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Um, 1 week pregnant is 1 week after the first day of your period. You're not even pregnant yet. You haven't even ovulated yet.
    This ultrasound is probably pretty accurate.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't really think you would be sick 4 days after,,,,,,,,. 8 weeks sounds more like it is your husbands... Do a DNA as soon as you can.
    Faye1234

Answer by Faye1234 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I just get really confussed about the conception dates. All i know is that 4 days after having sex with the one night stand i had a vaginal ultrasound done and it showed and enlarged uterus, and a sac inside. just not with a fetal pole. But on Nov. 8th there was a fetal pole and a heart beat. That would have only been less than 20 days after being with the one night stand. I really dont want to sound stupid i think im just in shock. But from what i know in 4 days there is no way you would have even seen anything in an ultrasound.
    laceyrene

Comment by laceyrene (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010