Is your child anything like they were in the womb?

My daughter was very mellow, gentle, and content in the womb. Rarely kicked, never hurt, did not jab her feet up into my rib cage. Except for when she got buzzed at her non-stress test. Oh, my, she was PISSED!!! Now, at 13 months old, she is still mellow, gentle, happy, and content... until her line is crossed.

Anyone notice similarities in their pregnancies and children? Differences?

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• He is opposite. He never moved and had hiccups always.

He is very active outside the womb.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My DD was constantly kicking and moving, just like she is now at 2 years old.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 11:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, the hiccups! I forgot about that. She got the hiccups at least once a day back then, and still does! LOL!
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh yes, lol. He's stubborn. He was sideways almost the entire pregnancy, resulting in my having a C-Section, for starters. Often, there will be reasons why a baby was transverse, but not him. It seems he was just comfy the way he was and didn't want to turn, lol. Also, the second I would relax while pregnant, he'd start kicking and ramming his head into my ribs, lol. There were nights where I was literally crying from the pain in my ribs. The skin underneath them actually went numb in places. He's a rough and tough little boy, and has been from the beginning. But...I wouldn't change him for the world. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ds -- moved in the PM and had hiccups... he was a pretty mellow baby, had lots of hiccups. Is a VERY VERY active young boy... not so much hiccups.
    dd -- wasn't very active at all... Indep in the womb, and out of the womb.
    What i notice is how much my preg. craving line up with their eating habits. DS --kale and icecream -- he can go with or without cake at a party and last night chose the veggie dips at denny's
    dd -- cookies and soda. she's my carb addict and sweet sneaker. LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son was hilarious in the womb. Anytime someone would lay a hand on my stomach he would kick it off. Hr scared the shit out of our cat hundred of times to the point where he didn't even want to come near me anymore. He would also makes waves across my stomach when he was awake which looked hilarious and always made the people watching crack up. He would also love to stick his ass out all the time. He is still like that now at almost 20 months. He loves to entertain and he LOVES to make you laugh or smile :)
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 11:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Both of my children were VERY active in the womb, now my oldest has mellowed out a bit, but my youngest is the same pistol she was before she was born!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. He was and still is stubborn. He was very active with kicking me constantly. He has not changed in 4.5 years!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My first was very active, he was bouncing all over the place in his ultrasounds, you could see him moving around from outside my shirt and I would have dreams of his foot busting out of me like that creature in the alien movie. My other two were much calmer, barely moved during their ultrasounds, didn't kick nearly as much, I don't remember ever seeing them move from outside my clothes and they were bigger babies.
    The only thing I noticed is that my first was a terrible sleeper and seemed more needy. The other two slept great, especially my daughter who slept 4-5 hours from day one and through the night by 6 weeks old. My first didn't sleep through the night until he was 2! So I don't notice a huge difference as far as activity level, but did notice a difference in calmness and how well they slept as babies.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010