thumb sucking

hi - my baby is 15 months old and still sucks her thumb. she pretty much only does it when she is tired, . I read contradictory things.. i was just wondering if anyone else's kids were thumb sucking, what you heard, and perhaps how to stop :)
Thanks -

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well my 5 year old still sucks her thumb, mainly when she is also tired or has her special blanket. So what i did to reduce the thumb sucking is take her blanket away until bed time. I also have tried some stop nail biting stuff but it didn't work, I talked to my daughters dentist and they said that it isn't really an issue until they start getting their adult teeth. I hope this helps good luck also if you do happen to find something that works Please Let me know Thanks
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 11:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010