CO SLEEPIN

i have had my baby in a basinette when she was younger (16 mos now) in our bedroom and once she outgrew it, i put the crib in our room. She never cared for the crib too much.. she would wake up constantly in the middle of the night and would want to come in my bed(even though in same room) and i would let her cry it out but she just got worse and worse. I eventually caved and she has been sleeping in my bed for the past few months. I am nervous that she wont ever go back in her crib or bedroom to sleep.. Anyone else go through this?? I even tried just the naps in the crib to get her use to it which is ok, but at night she wakes up in the crib, stands up and gets soo upset

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son slept with me until age five. he moved with no issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My daughter is the same way, I just caved and let her sleep with me. She's been in my bed for about 7 months. I hope that when she has her own room she will move into her own bed okay. Good luck!
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 11:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have a 5 and a 6 year old and I would let them come in my room or bed while they were young and now I have them go in their room and sleep but we still wake up with them in our beds like 4-5 times a week. I would suggest that you stop letting her sleep in your bed.
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 11:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't know what to tell you. Haha I'm in the same boat. My 15 month old son slept in a bassinet in my room until he was too big, then we moved him into the pack n' play in the room as well. I wanted to keep him close because I was terrified of SIDS. Well when he was 6 months old he got really sick so I let him sleep with me until he was better. Well ever since then he won't sleep anywhere else but with me. I don't believe in letting an infant CIO unless they completely understand what you are saying to them. So I have always said that once my son was old enough to understand that he needs to sleep in his own bed, he can sleep with me. I just look at it as there are worse things in life than letting your baby sleep with you when they are little. They grow up so fast anyways. Sorry that's not good advice. LOL
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Do you have anywhere else she can sleep (I mean like a different room)? It sounds like, as long as you have her in the same room, she will find a way to get into your bed.
    If you dont want her to sleep with you for the next few year, nip it in the butt now. Put her in that crib, and stick to it. Thats all you really can do.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We've done some form of co-sleeping since DS was born, and he's 2 now. He didn't go to his crib until 11 months, then we slowly moved it from my side of the bed to the foot of the bed, and eventually to his room. He's ended up in our bed at some point the whole time. He's in a toddler bed now, and he comes to our bed about 6AM, and he gets up around 7:30. She really will eventually go to bed all on her own and sleep in her own bed. She's still little! Enjoy the snuggles while you have them, because all too soon, they'll be gone.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i couldn't really say my son is 2 and still sleeps with me and my husband but that is also something that me and my husband are okay with... he can take naps on his own but i think it's also a security thing for him and makes him feel more safe.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This is a tough one, its differ for every kid. My parents did that with my brother and when they did move him to his own room when he was like 5 or 6yrs old he went without a fight. On the other hand my fiances mom let his lil brother sleep with him and when I moved in he was 11 and still sleeping with her, he refused to get outta her bed. So I was afraid to let ds sleep with us but it made more sense since I was breastfeeding. He is 18 months now and sleeps all nite in his crib, I just told him that big boys sleep in their own bed. We did have to go through a few nights of crying it out which i really dont like but it needed done because Im pregnant with #2. I hope things work out for ya when your ready to move the lil one outta your bed. Just remember it will take time!!
    misssababe1128

Answer by misssababe1128 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My 2 year old son just recently started falling asleep on his own in his crib--before, we would cuddle or nurse to sleep, then I would lay him down and bring him into our room when he woke up. I don't know what made me try it, but one night I put him in there wide awake, and he didn't make a peep, was asleep five minutes later. He was just ready to make the transition....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010