Stove gas was open didn't smell anything until HB came worry for my 1 month old baby girl and 2yr old boy?am so worry had this happend to anyone? What did they do in the emergency room?

I was home watching tv so HB came in the house and told me that it was smelling alot like gas that his eyes itch but I didn't smell anything we call 911 fireman came they check and they set i was a little bit but too open the windows i asked them if I had to take the baby to the emergency room they set no it was fine..But am so worry had this happend to anyone? What did they do in the emergency room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they really wont do anything but run up a bill and send you home. if your kids start throwing up or having headaches and acting lethargic, then take them in, otherwise their bodies will process it on their own. it is scary though.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am sure that a fireman if he thought there was any reason that you and the little ones needed to be seen would have snet you to the ER or had an ambulance take you. I would not worry.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When I was younger we had a gas stove heater that was leaking...we didnt smell anything either until we left the house and came back. As long as it is fixed now and you have aired out the house you should all be fine. Signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches, nausea, and being tired/passing out. Just keep an eye on the kids and maybe buy a carbon monoxide detector if you dont already have one for your peace of mind.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010