people you work with?

if it makes your spouse uncomfortable talking to a certain person at work. would you try to prevent having to speak to that person? They work on the opposite side of the building and only make inappropriate conversation or remarks when they do speak to them. so would you stop speaking to that person or would you say that you work with them so its not a big deal to speak to them? oppisite sex as spouse.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope. If my husband was being that ridiculous that he had issues with me talking with a co-worker, I would simply tell him so... He can either deal with the fact that I work with this person & will have a working relationship with them, as I do with any other coworker, or he can simply change his thinking... Either way, I'm not going to be altering who I speak to just because my DH is insecure...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That's absurd. No, I would not become unprofessional in my work performance to appease an insecure spouse.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If they are making inappropriate remarks or conversation then I can completely understand why it would make your spouse uncomfortable. If you need to talk to them about work then you need to do that but other than that I would make it a point to avoid that person-what is the point in hurting or upsetting your spouse over someone at work.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2010