are there any mommies out there who have children with RAD's or behavior issues?

I watch my brother grow up with RAD's and my parents did everything they could to help him but could never find the help he really needed. I see a lot of the same signs in my 6 year daughter and i want to get her help now but dont know where to go, how to start, or who to talk to. I'm almost to my wits ends ladies I could really use some help. My parents have help how they could but my brother was alot older when they started noticing. UGH!!!! help me please.

my3lovesmlh

Asked by my3lovesmlh at 12:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is she in school? Is there a counselor or psychologist at the school you could talk to? Most districts offer some kind of testing or 'early intervention' for kids, or even just some coping strategies, etc?
    Maybe Google your local DSHS as well (social services)?
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sorry, but what is RAD's?
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would suggest calling your local family community support center and they should be able to give you some information on who can help you and where you can go, if money is a bit of an issue I do believe that most of them have free clincs for things like this. It never hurts to ask. If you don't have a local family support center then check with the school and they should be able to point you in the right direction.
    outofoptions67

Answer by outofoptions67 at 3:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• 1. Lack of impulse control, Self destructive behaviors, Intense displays of anger (rage), Destruction of property, Preoccupation with fire, gore, or evil, Aggression toward others, Inappropriate sexual conduct and attitudes, Cruelty to animal, Frequently defies rules, Cannot tolerate limits and external control, Victimizes others (perpetrator, bully), Exploitive (manipulative, controlling), Bossy, Consistently irresponsible, Inappropriately demanding and clingy, Marked mood changes, Stealing, Deceitful (lying, conning), Hoarding, over eatting, Sleep disturbance, Enuresis (wets self), Encopresis (soils self), Hyperactivity, Abnormal eating habits, Persistent nonsense questions and incessant chatter, Lack of cause and effect thinking, Lack of remorse and conscience, Learning disorders, Language disorders, Perceives self as victim (helpless), Grandi
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011