Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

were can I report my husband manager for scaming him most of his hours?

Its not the first time he does this and its very tough for us because we are a family and we need the money and my husband worked 48 hours and the manager only paid him 30 hours so he ripped him off with 18 hours, another thing is he never pays over time he pays it regular time when he does. if you pass 40 hours and he decides to pay it to you he'll give you ones in cash, he wont include it in the check. We already tried reporting him to the hour and wage place but they keep on saying they havent had a chance to investigate him and thats that we reported since last year and early January. Any other websites y'all might know about? My husband has a record so he can't go to any other job until the holidays are over he had only paid him 160 and when my husband complained and told him I write down all his hours and showed him proof, he highered the amount to 200 dollars only but it should of atleast been 300! what should we do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • You can report him to the better business bureau.

    Answer by alissawuthrich at 12:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • You can report to the dept of labor, they have to pay for hours worked

    Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010


    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Report him to your Labor Department, but be careful, if he finds out, he may look for any legitimate reason to fire or lay off your husband.

    Good Luck.

    Answer by ohwrite at 12:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Start photographing the time card each day to establish real records, maybe with your telephone. Get a co-worker to verify each day that your husband is there in a small notebook. Let the manager see what you're doing, and maybe he'll wise up and pay correctly. If not, take it to the owner. All failing, contact your county job service for advice on how to proceed with a complaint. They should be able to point you in the right direction of someone who can take on your case...

    Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Yes, the Labor Board. Hopefully, he kept copies of his time cards.

    Answer by tasches at 5:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Not only can you report him you can get an attorney that will take the case and get paid after you get your settlement. I used to work for a domestic violence shelter that never paid overtime, over the four years working there it came to around 12,000 dollars they had not paid me, as well as a couple other employees including my now mother in law. We both went to the same attorney and sued them for the non paid wages. It took a while to get the case settled but the attorney reported them to the labor board as well as got us our pay and took his payment for his services out of our settlement. I got around 8,000 after paying the attorney and taxes. Although we settled out of court they did ask for my resignation as part of the deal, but they had made working there hell for me over the year it took to get a settlement I was glad to be out of there lol

    Answer by Alyia72 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.