has this ever happend to you while you were pregnant?

Since I got pregnant I've been seeing like "shadow figures" I guess you could call them. Out of the corner of my eye when I look nothings there. It happens when I'm busy doing something not thinking. Pretty much anytime of the day. Like yesterday I was in my room sitting on my bed talking to my DH with the kids watching Handy manny quietly. As I was talking to my DH about his job etc. I clearly saw a Shadow of a tall man standing in the doorway of my kitchen. My house is very small so if my room door is open I could see where the doorway of my kitchen clearly. So I thought oh someone came in [family member or something] even though we live by ourselves turned around to see who it was and to my Surprise! There was no one there. I've lived in this house for over 1 1/2 yrs. I have never seen or anything...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had the same thing while I was pregnant with my son! Not necessarily figures of people, but black shadows out of the corner of my eye. All the time, day or night. It was so weird. I'm a believer in the paranormal, but it didn't really scare me since nothing was trying to hurt me. It wasn't even playing jokes, it was just like "Hey, you're pregnant and more sensitive to this stuff... I'm HERE!" lol.

The scary thing was lucid dreaming. I would wake up from napping with my daughter and SWEAR that someone came into the house. I'd be like "It's only 3:00, what's hubby doing home?" And then I would see a man in the door way who WASN'T my husband and I would try to get up to protect myself and my daughter and I couldn't move or even really keep my eyes open. It was terrifying.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Just a thought, but have you had your BP checked lately? Vision changes including seeing shadows and spots can be a sign that your BP is high.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Vision problems can escalate during pregnancy- have your eyes checked first and if there is nothing wrong, THEN presume it to be something paranormal in nature.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Vision changes while you are pregnant are normal, and expected. The shape of your corneas changes due to an excess of fluid (blood volume increases), and of course due to an increase in your BP, and also fluctuation in your blood sugar levels. All of this is completely normal, and usually manifests as "visions" of shadows, sparkly lights, an "aura" around an object, lights/shadows in the darkness. etc.

It also has to do with the rod/cone composition (your night vision) during different parts of your pregnancy, caused by a depletion of vitamin A. All this is completely normal, documented physiological changes, and not in any way paranormal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Long-deceased family members tend to cluster around a woman when a new baby is due. They remain interested in family goings on even in the afterlife, and make visits during big events like weddings, births, and deaths. Dark shadows tend to be guardians, paying particular attention to you. They look taller and wider in the shoulder area because of their wing extensions. They may feel that you need extra protection during a pregnancy. Unless you have been threatened, you can probably take some comfort in the extra presenses around you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I see them all the time, pregnant or not... Humans are present on more than one "level." We tend to only equate ourselves with a physical presence, but the truth is we are present on non-physical levels as well. These non-physical levels have their own residence as well... Call them what you like, have your own beliefs about who or what they are, but the fact is they are there and from time to time we will register them as being a part of our physicality, even if they aren't. They aren't there to harm or anything, they are simply going about their lives as we are ours... No harm no foul...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Agree with both Obby and Witchqueen. First eliminate the obvious eye issues that come with being pregnant, then as long as you aren't threatened by them, you can assume guardians or family.
    Anonymous

• bump
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010