should i go to the doctor tomorrow? please help

so ive been pretty sick lately the worse being my throat. yesterday it was only extremely red and alot of pain and today its even more red and has red and white lumps in it that are almost touching right across. its very hard to swallow and i can barely eat as everything kills my throat. do you think i should get this checked out or will it be better on its own?

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• Are you running a fever? If you have a fever and those symptoms, its probably strep throat
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes go to the DR
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes i am and oh darn :(
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Strep throat will USUALLY go away on it's own, but antibiotics are very effective against it and shorten it's life span, plus if strep doesn't go away it can become scarlet fever, which can damage your organs.

Weight the pros and cons... it really sounds like strep throat to me. Watch for it in the rest of your family, strep is a hard bacteria to kill.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes I was getting strep a lot (just had my tonsils out less than 2 weeks ago) and that sounds a lot like strep. They will give you antibiotics which will help you feel better pretty fast, but you do need to go in because the information they gave me said that while strep will go away on its own after about a week, it can come back as Scarlet Fever if it's not treated. I don't know how often that happens though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Write down all of your symptoms and their duration. See your doctor, but before opting for a prescription try a few folk remedies. Here is a good site that may help you.

Be well...feel better

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That sounds like strep throat, the white spots give it away. It MAY go away on it's own but that is rare, and can cause serious issues if it doesn't. It's mainly a quick round of antibiotics, and staying at home and resting. You'll probably be out for a week, because it's pretty contagious, and chances are everyone else has it too.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• streo throat, i had it too and on day ummmmmmm 17 now, and my throat is still some what swollen and painfull, LMAO, but after 10 days of antibiotics my 2nd strep test came back negitive.....Go to the dr. it will not go away on its own
    angelgrl5200

Answer by angelgrl5200 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• could be strep or somethiing worse, either way, get it checked!!!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The bigger question sweetie isn't whether you should go to the Doctor but rather WHY have you waited this long? Don't waste another day and GO!!! No sense getting the rest of your family or friends sick!

I hope you feel better because being sick sux!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010