My little one just turned 1 and Im not sure what her feeding schedule should look like? HELP! She is just now cutting her first 2 teeth

My daughter just turned 1 and she just started cutting her first 2 teeth so alot of table food is still not an option. She is eating stage 3 baby foods and still drinks 3-4 bottles a day. I tried to give her spaghettios, the softest noodle i can think of, but she was just inhaling them and not chewing therefore upsetting her stomach. Do i just continue stage 3 baby foods until more teeth pop in? and her food options open up? She could be 18 months and still eating stage 3 baby foods?

Jenny M.

Asked by Jenny M. at 12:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Teeth have nothing to do with solids. Table foods are fine as soon as they have the ability to chew (which was 7 mo for both my boys). She will probably just inhale stuff because shes been getting purees and she has no idea she supposed to be chewing anything.

Try some toast.... or something she needs to take a bite from and chew in order to swallow. She will probably gag at first, but that's normal. Mushy isn't better, you need texture because we eat things with texture and the goal is for her to eat the things we eat.

They chew with their back gums, not their front teeth. Teeth don't matter, just offer table foods until she's used to it and stop the purees.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The spaghettios probably upset her tummy because of the tomato in them, my son is 2 and still can't have much tomato because it tears him up. Start giving her real food that's soft--bananas, avocados, peaches, string cheese (pulled apart so it's in small 'strings'), oatmeal, that kind of stuff....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010