What are the purpose of bowling shoes?

I mean seriously? Does it make you bowl better? Less likely to scuff the floors? Just wondering because the bowling shoes are what keep me away from bowling lol something about the idea of my feet being snug inside where hundreds of other feet have been, eww. Yes, I know they spray the shoes, but I suspect its for odor only and its still gross.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 12:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can buy your own bowling shoes. I was never on a league or anything, but I had my own ball and pair of shoes. Well worth it than to put my feet where others feet have been!

It is gross to wear them even after they spray them......so I had bought my own pair. The soles of the shoes won't scuff up the floors, and you do glide a little on those slippery floors.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yup it's the shoes i do the wi
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I own my own pair of bowling shoes, but not for bowling. I use them to do Ballroom and Country/Western dancing. The soles are great, because they slide on the wood floors, but I don't have to be in heels.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• They keep the bowling floor from getting damaged. If you're really interested you can buy your own shoes (have have my own) and they cost about the same as a pair of sneakers. You don't have to get the fancy professional ones, just plain ole bowling shoes.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Don't let something as simple as shoes keep you from going out there and trying bowling. If it really bothers you that much buy your own shoes. Bowling is actually fun and pretty social, too.

DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010