Need 2 vent some more, posted this in gen parenting but like hearing frm yall bc its helps calm me!

My aunt & sis watch my dd while i attend school & its a constant battle with them bc of my nephew & dd. They are always fighting. I feel like my nephew acts out & picks on her. Shes only 13mths (not walking either) and hes 5! Hes thrown so many things at her frm toys to an empty can of soda. At her head/face to be exact and tries to scare her purposely too. I love my nephew but i dnt know why he does it. My sis & aunt dont make it any better. They dont give him any consequences. Hes the "baby" and my dd aint bc she dont live there. I am so sick of how they favor him or laugh at his physical behavior. They can smack my dds hand "no" but not punish my nephew. Hows that right or fair? We blew up at each other earlier and i decided to stop taking my dd there for babysitting. Its hurts i want her with her fam but hate how my nephew picks on her and how they think it her starting it! Shes only 1! What do i do?

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I am glad you said you are done taking her there. That is about all I could suggest since you have tried talking to them etc. They can still be her family and not be the babysitter. You just get to be there to monitor your nephew.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sounds like a dangerous and risky environment for your 1 year old to me. I would do the family visits when I could be there to keep an eye on that nephew, especially since the family members appear to be unrealistic and passive in handling his outbursts. Clearly he is feeling threatened and seeking attention, but you need to protect your own child.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Forgot to mention he dont let her touch any of his toys. She will go up 2 him playing curiously and he'd get mad. She gets a toy he dont care for anymore & he will see her and snatch it out her hand making her cry. Now she tries to hit too & i dont want her to act that way or think its ok.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i would remove her from the environment...u can't force ur sister to parent her child and ur baby needs to be protected. in the long run u and ur sister and ur nephew will probably have a better relationship then.
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 5:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Look for someone else to care for your child. She's in a dangerous environment and your aunt and sister aren't protecting from her or disciplining your nephew! There has to be someone else!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 5:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010