Why are people STILL making "pot shots"....

at Sarah Palin for her daughter getting pregnant as a teenager? I've NEVER understood why this was so relevant to her as a politician....ok...her DD got knocked up at an early age. It could happen to ANY of us. It doesn't mean we didn't teach and/or educate our children about sex...it just means THEY chose not to listen. Whether you're for her or against her political views....FINE! I'm just SO tired of hearing about how she's a "bad" mother because her DD got pregnant as a teen....

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. Regardless of how "good" a parent you are, teenagers become pregnant. It doesn't reflect on Sara Palin as a person or a politician. The media has to spread dirty laundry I suppose.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree!!!! It's pretty stupid and has nothing to do with politics. I still don't understand why they made such a big deal over the whole Clinton/LeWinsky(sp?) thing. I was thinking damn that's awesome, a commander in chief/president of the USA admitted (took him a while, i know) to being what WE ALL ARE (A FALLIBLE HUMAN BEING). Shocking concept for some!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's because Palin is supposed to be a leader and an example, and yet she has a teen with a child, and another daughter who is writing gay slurs on her myspace page (see the stir). She needs to get control of her own family before she tries to get control of the USA. I would never elect a president whose family was as screwed up as hers. She is human, yes, but not leadership material. And her quitting her job as gov of Alaska? She put a nail in her own damn coffin. She is a major FAIL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I hear ya!!

I was quite surprised when married to a BRIT, living in the UK at how many teen Moms there were....funny.. my Aunt says," America has many teenaged Moms to, it's just not as known as it is here." I agree. NOW! There was a 12 yr old girl whom had just had a baby. Her baby brother is/was 10 months older than her son!

I come back here and many years later now, when I lived on this one side of town I had a neighbor who's 14yr old was preggo. She is now 17 and just had baby #2.

My point is..teen pregnancy is ALL over the world....and just because Sarah is in the limelight, her kids and family are under the same microscope.

I say the same about Clinton....look at Kennedy.....though Monica is nothing like Marilyn...who cares....men are human just like we women are. Some get their hands caught in a cookie jar, some dont. I wouldnt have told anyone I was with Clinton if I were...that'd been our biz!! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I know. I think people forgive Clinton for his discretions more than they forgive Sarah Palin for HER DAUGHTER's indescretions. Back off already. Or would you want us to keep throwing YOUR child's mistakes in YOUR face? We do our best to teach our children right from wrong. but we aren't perfect and neither are the kids. Move on, already. It's really none of our business, anyway.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ..♥i agree with you guys...this could happen to anyone...why do they keep making it a big deal with sarah and weither she is good enough ect...ect...everyone should just get over it ...leave them alone already!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It. Is all about politics! The girl is doing well, leave her alone.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ok while I agree with what most of you are saying about leaving her alone...

I just feel like it does still have to do with her .. I mean if you are a person who is against drinking, almost a spokesperson for non-drinking.... and then you have a child who drinks and drives.... that goes against you too

She was basically a "spokesperson" for abstience, that was one of the things that made her stand out was that she would talk about abstinence... then not only did her daughter have sex but she got pregnant ( like the reference of not only having a kid drink, but drink and drive) .... that is why I THINK it was such a big thing !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think it was more that she was so gun-ho about abstience that made it the big deal that it is/was ...

I am not big on politics and probably couldnt tell you much about them... but I do think sarah is pretty and a nice acting lady... her daughters are annoying but so are alot of kids that age.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010