How long did it take you to get pregnant once you started trying?

Today on the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda, a study revealed that it takes people an average of 104 times of having sex before conception happens. 104!

Do you think this number is accurate?
How many times did it take you to conceive? (I'm certain we achieved it on the first try).

GoodyBrook

Asked by GoodyBrook at 12:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• we did it everyday sometimes twice a day, maybe a few missed days VERY FEW for 11 months with our first. Not even 2 months with our 2nd. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I guess I'm very fertile,

Baby number one, unplanned...condom broke, one time on Valentine's Day. Boom...I got pregnant.
    Baby number two, failed diaphram....didn't try Boom, pregnant.
    Baby number three, tried two months, and got pregnant, (a few times a week during ovulation)
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 1st- husband came home from a vacation and it was our very first time having unprotected sex! lol
    2nd- 19 months after our 1st was born. he thought he pulled out in time. So i guess i got lucky i really never tried it just happened.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We did it every other day from the time the IUD was removed until we got that positive test. That was about a month. I think we knew when it happened, though, because I had all the signs of ovulation.
    Women in my family get pregnant by sneezing in the same room with a guy. I have a cousin who got pregnant with an IUD, and another with 3 unplanned kids with birth control and a man with one testicle (lost the other to cancer).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't know how many times but it took 2 years to have our second child and more than 2 years before I got pregnant and lost it recently.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My first pregnancy wasn't planned and happened after one time of unprotected sex, it was defo that time as we never had unprotected sex again after that. My 2nd was after trying for 2 weeks but unfortunately we had a miscarriage and my current pregnancy again took 2weeks of trying.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 7:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I never had that problem. I popped them out like crazy like clockwork every 2 years. After the third I had my tubes tied.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 1st time
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010