I am not going to feel bad because we still have money !

A few years ago we won the lottery ..it was a big amount and we were so happy... we split it up with alot of family and friends and still had a big share for ourselves... we built our house, got 2 new cars, and we have enough that we know we wont have to worry about money ( as long as we arent robbed lol ) ...

Anyways we have given and do give alot of money to "charity" whether it be an actual charity or people who need money, and we also own alot of nice homes that we "rent" to people who cannot afford to actually rent a place. We have also given a large amount to the local childrens hospital and my parents do an animal rescue ( we help out) .

Every once in awhile I will spend money ( like I just bought my daughter a $130 christmas dress) I do not do that alot but just for "special outfits" ...

I have a few friends who give me grief over it... Yes I know people do not have money * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and alot of people cannot buy food and I do feel bad for that... But I dont think that I need to actually take every cent we own and pass it out.... before we got the money we were about to move in with my parents because we couldnt afford rent ( which is why we do our "rentals" ) and also it isnt like I am spending $ 1000's on one thing....

I just hate that I have to feel bad for doing this every once in awhile...

HONESTLY if you had alot of money would you actually use some of it for un nessicary (sp) things or would you give away every cent?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'd give some to family, spend a little on myself and save the rest. I have a hard time wasting money on frivolous things.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• WELL COMING FROM A MOM OF FIVE TWO PREEMIES AND STRUGGLING TO KEEP MY HEAD FLOATING ID SAY YOU HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING I DONT ASK FOR CHARITY AND IT IS GREAT THAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN THE RENTAL HOMES TO HELP FAMILIES I WISH I LIVED IN YOUR CITY SO THAT I CAN START MY LIFE NEW AND FOLLOW MY DREAM TO BE A CHEF WITHOUTH THE WORRY OF OTHER ADDED STRESS. YOU HAVE DONE RIGHT SO WHAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT YOUR PRINCESS A DRESS I HOPE TO HAVE MONEY TO BUY MY ONE AND ONLY DAUGHTER SOME OF THOSE THINGS. I COMEND YOU. YOU KEEP DOING WHATS ON YOU HEART BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO SAVE FOR A RAINY HARD DAY. THANKS
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 1:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• And you shouldn't feel bad! Enjoy what good fortune has come your way.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I commend you for sharing your good fortune with those less fortunate. I would love to be able to bless people in the way it sounds like you have. God bless you!!

I could use a miracle like that! I try to rely on God to answer prayers of need - mostly financial, but sometimes it can be sooooooooooooooooo hard!

Please don't give up on your charity work. I know there are other families out there that are in need as well! I am one of them!! I don't think that you should feel bad at all for spending money on nice things for your selves and/or children! It is not as though you haven't more than helped your fellow mankind. I thank you for those whose lives you've touched. God bless!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Are you kidding me!? Who says you have to give away every cent? Don't feel bad about it. Enjoy! I think you've done a lot of good and it has to stop at some point.
    Do you feel guitly bcause you just GOT the money instead or earning it? Believe me, I know enough rich people who didn't actually EARN their money. They just GOT it by using other people and letting them work for them like slaves. (Okay, now I'm exagurateing, but you know what I mean.)
    "Nobody loves you when you're down and out. When you get back on your feet again, everybody wants to be your long lost friend." (Eric Clapton) You've been good to a lot of people, I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ..♥You have done great with your winnings..i commend you also...i would do the same if i won the lottery..i would deff help out all of our families and make sure we were set towards bills 'ect...i would give to charities and help people out..you have done a wonderful job and i don't think you should feel bad at all..you deserve to beable to do these things and maybe even buy a little something special from time to time for your dd or yourself or dh/so..ect..i bless you for all you have done and don't feel bad..♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Congrats on your winning! LUCKY DUCK! NO I think you are doing the right thing? Would people expect you to share every penny you earn from your job? NO there for you have every right to decide how you share your winnings! I think if we won we would share and even pay for some college... if gpas were a certain level too ( you dont know some of ourr family)
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Really? Your "friends" feel like they have a say in how you spend your money? Did you ask their opinion? Then they should keep it to themselves. They sound like they have some resentment over your good fortune. That's a shame. You have been very generous and giving. You are making decisions you can be proud of and that's what everyone should strive for. Keep listening to your heart and not hurtful people. (If they are too hurtful, you may want to sever ties.)
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If they were REAL friends they'd respect how YOU wanna spend it, it's YOUR money not theirs!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010