My water broke around 10 am this morning, i have no contractions and still leaking...should i go in or wait till contractions start?

LogansMommy603

Asked by LogansMommy603 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• GO IN!!!!!!!!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• NOW!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• umm yaa GO!!! once your water breaks, youre SUPPOSED to have your baby within 12 hrs..going longer than 12 hrs can cause infections!! GO NOOOOW!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Right now!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• go go go
    augleopard

Answer by augleopard at 1:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• YEAH GO IN YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO DELIVER AND THEN MOST DO WILL CALL A SECTION MY WATER BROKE WITH MY THIRD SON AND I HAD NO HURTFUL CONTRACTIONS BUT I WAS DOIN THEM SO THEN WHEN I MADE IT TO THE HOSPITAL THE DOC TOLD ME I HAD 24 HOURS OR I HAD TO GO BACK LUCKILY I HAD HIM.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 1:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Your water broke at 10 am and you haven't call your doc/midwife at the very least?????????? Get there NOW!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Go in to the hospital and at least have them check you out. They will let you go 24 hours most likely before they try to get you to go for a c section, at 24 hours post rupture your risk of infection goes up and climbs fast. They will probably want to start you on pitocin to get you contracting so you can have your baby before your risks go up too high.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I personally would wait it out. The reason they want you to have a c-section after 24 hours in the hospital is because they frequently introduce gloved hands into your vagina which dramatically increases your risk of infection. If you aren't inserting anything into your vagina then there is a fairly small risk of infection.

If you do go...I sure as HELL wouldn't tell them when your water really broke. I would say it happen 2 or 3 hours ago. That way you won't have them practically chasing you around with a knife ready to cut you open and rip your baby from your womb. Sorry to be so morbid.

Contractions will start eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You Heard Them! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now!!!! lol! seriously!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010