What would you do? *Job related*

So about 3 months ago, I started cleaning and cooking for a family. Its a husband, wife and 2 little girls. I go over there 3 days a week and clean and cook and grocery shop for the meals I cook. Things were all great and dandy until tonight. The wife left to go to some meeting, and her dh sat down at the counter to talk to me while I cooked dinner. No big deal. He's done that before and has never been weird. He poured himself a glass of wine, which he does often and started talking about polotics. Somehow he got on the subject of marriage and started saying how he believes that your spouse doesn't always meet all your needs. He basically said his wife meets the financial need and implied that going outside of a marriage to seek sexual satisfaction is okay. He asked me to stay for dinner and have a glass of wine and then said we should go out sometime. I really need this job because my dh is laid off. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell him straight up that your relationship is strictly professional and you want it to stay that way. If he will not quit, you will probably have to ignore it, or quit.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 1:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What a creep. So sorry. I think you need to be direct and give him a firm No.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I completely agree with sunshineemommy!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 1:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yikes... I can't believe that. Hopefully that is the last time that happens. Should he do it again, I think you should tell his wife and look for another job. I also agree with sunshineemommy.

Best Wishes!

www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree. Talk to him. Hopefully you can keep your job.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Tell him a straight up "No!" and start looking for another position.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ignore it...pretend it never happened and hopefully, he'll get the message. If it happens again, unfortunately your only option is going to be to quit.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Quit.
    MidwestMama55

Answer by MidwestMama55 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What does your husband say? Discuss it with him if you haven't already. If he wants you to stay because you need the money, then stay. If he wants you to quit, then quit.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with sunshineemommy.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010