HOW DO I KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY WHEN IT CRYS

my son crys so much and its hard to tell what he wants because i changed him i feed him i give him a bath i hold him and he still crys sooo much

teen_mom31

Asked by teen_mom31 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Soemtimes they just cry. Sometimes it gas, if he pulls his legs up and his belly is tight it might be gas. He might be tired. He might be overstimulated. If you give a little more detail about his behavior we might be able to give a little more help.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• he dose have gas thoe..what do i do to make it go away?
    teen_mom31

Comment by teen_mom31 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You can burp him more often as you feed him, every time you switch breasts if you breastfeed or after every ounce if you bottle feed. If you formula feed, he might need a formula for sensitive tummy's. You can bicycle his legs and help him pass the gas. you can lay him accross your lap on his belly and pat his back. Or you can try a little Mylicon, I never had any luck with it but it won't hurt to try it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• possibly gas or possibly just needs or wants more attention!! I know a lot of moms don't put much stock in it, but if I were you I would look up his birth sign. My son is a Leo, I did a search when my son was around 1 year old for "Leo children" and I found a site which listed the attributes of them and I was amazed at how accurate it was at that point. My son turned 2 in July and I am still amazed at how much of what I read there describes his personality. If nothing else, it may at least provide a reason for his actions that is understandable to you.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Mylicon did help my son when he was an infant, Gripe Water may help too. Simethicone is the ingredient that soothes gas, I know that is what is in Mylicon.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son had horrible gas the first few months...I got generic gas drops and it was AMAZING!
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 3:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Some babies just cry no matter what you try. My daughter, now 3 and amazing had a definate case of colic. We did everything by the book tried the gas drops which did help the gas but didn't stop the crying and it just didn't go away for the longest time. MONTHS of her crying is the reason I constantly think my two month old has something wrong with me becuase he almost never cries and is just a very quiet and happy boyo.
    Talk with your ped. at your next visit about what's going ong. If the crying is still continuing and is nearly constant make sure and get someone to give you a break for a few hours if not once a day at least once or twice a week or you'll loose yoru mind!
    I should note we found one thing that did help my crier sleep- she slept in her carseat with less of it than she did in her bed. They say not to do that now, but we think it was the incline and given how she is now my hub thinks she had acid reflux.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Mylicon. If you're bottle feeding, use bottles that let in less air. It will say it on their wrappers. VentAire is awesome, but pricey. Changing bottles with my son made a HUGE difference in him.

If those don't work... Gripe Water. It may be colic. Talk to your doctor if that doesn't work.
    Nykkii

Answer by Nykkii at 11:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ohhh... If you're breastfeeding, I know someone who cut dairy out of their own diet and it stopped the crying. Baby was just getting too gassy from the dairy :)
    Nykkii

Answer by Nykkii at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• check your diet broccoli and garlic while harmless to us can gas up a small baby thats breastfed as well..
    mamatiff06

Answer by mamatiff06 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010