Is it normal to be having period cramps?

I'm around 2 months pregnant, is it normal to be havin regular period cramps, daily? They seem to be worse if I'm stressing over something, or crying. Just worried that it could be serious... should I go to the emergency room or just bring it up at next visit?

lulumommi

Asked by lulumommi at 2:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think just for the sake of the baby you should seek a doctors advice asap. Just because everybody is different and it may or not be normal for you.
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 5:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor and not your next visit. Just call her office and they'll probably have you speak to a nurse who will consult the doc and get back to you. Let them say come in early or wait it out 'till next visit.
    I could be normal, it could not. Myself I would get cramps that felt like contractions if I didn't get enough fluids in (course this was also early on when I was lucky to hold down said fluids).
    However, if your cramps start to wrap around to your back so taht you ahve a full band of pain and cramps around your lower midsection, then I'd say head off to your local ER if it's after doctors hours. In my experience once the pain found its way around like that it was not a good sign as with the two between my kids it was a miscrraige both times and the one time it happened withmy sons it was SUPER severe dehydration. But for me taht was the one thing I would NOT ignore for anything.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would ask your doc asap BUT with my current pregnancy I had cramping at the start, thought I was due on my period but apparently it was things stretching and changing in there. If you're ever concerned and in pain as well I would always ask the doc anyways, its what they are there for :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 7:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010