Any experiences with Mental health care, and or medications? good or bad!

mental health: seems this is still too taboo a subject for many people to discuss and taking something defensively personal is natural for any subject that is culturally touchy. However, I find if this topic continues to be breached, fewer people, adults, senior adults included will be less likely to die from systematic public drug testing with easily FDA approved medications. Any pharmacuetical which can provide the correct amount of money to be indorsed is approved by the FDA whom all CEO's of have been former drug company CEOs and have a heavily bent bias for money. Currently our veterans who are being diagnosed with emotional dis-ease are being freely fed medications for schitsofrenia, when they have ptsd nightmares, substance abuse self medicating, etc. this medication in large offers several severe known side effects as memory loss ( do you remember where you live after a trip to the store?), seizures, personality affect

freyjawire

Asked by freyjawire at 2:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• WOW, you touched on so many subjects there that I feel so strongly about.......I do not know where to begin! And if I touched on my opinions of them all, it would probably take at least a few answers (at full letter capacity) to answer and I would probably get bashed like A LOT too (don't care much about that, just not in the mood at this hour)......SO...........
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ignore the "like" before A LOT, that was a typo.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it's cool, like I admitted touchy is touchy. I'm here to improve myself, wether I set off other people's sensitivities I can only use tact, and apologize when i offend. please respond truthteller0722 when you can. I am really interested
    freyjawire

Comment by freyjawire (original poster) at 4:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm a very open person and have a hard time understanding y people can't just talk about anything. I'm also a veteran who has been to war, experienced things, and now take medication to live my life normally. I was brought up with the belief that its on me if I can't cope or handle something it's just because i'm weak and ignorant. . But I've chosen to change that view because i was open to experiencing new things out of desperation and it has improved my life. I always respect other opinions, but inside I live for what my heart tells me and i make choices that i believe are healthy for me and people around me.
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 5:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I appreciate the responses so far, I wish more people were courageous enough to discuss the elephant in the closet. Thank You for you honest dialogue. It takes a stronger person to change and accept change then to keep the blinders up and choose deliberate ignorance of any issue.
    freyjawire

Comment by freyjawire (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010