102 fever

My daughter is 2yrs old and She has had a cough and runny nose for 2 months and just 2 days ago her cough has gotten so bad so in the past 2 months we have been to the doctors office 8 times and at 12:30 tonight she woke up screaming her head off and has the first fever in 2 months my hubby and I work at the same place he works 3rd shift and I work first shift. I am waiting for him to get home but i am at the end of my rope with my DD being sick. I finally got her back to sleep at 4:30am and I am hoping that her fever will break i don't know what the hell is going on with her but i am scared she has never ever been this sick. Am i freaking out for nothing. I have googled webmd and everything going on with her what could this be??

raemommy

Asked by raemommy at 5:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her to the ER or to her doctor first thing in the morning. I have no clue what it could be.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 5:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I plan on taking her in. I have no car my hubby has it and it's 22 degrees out, i was gonna run her to the ER but it a 7-10 minute walk and i don't want her to get sicker. but Thank you for just reading my Question no one ever does that much most of the time.
    raemommy

Comment by raemommy (original poster) at 5:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well, with the screaming and the fever... my guess would be an ear infection. Those hurt like hell and they'll cause fever too. If Tylenol doesn't take it away you can wait two hours and give her some children's ibprofen... and wipe her down with a cool rag. Good luck mom... it sucks when they're sick :(
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Gremlyn thank you much i am just so tired of her being sick that I just want my healthy baby girl back. I feel like i am missing something. But this is the first fever she has had in 2 months so may an ear infection. Thanxs again mommas.
    raemommy

Comment by raemommy (original poster) at 5:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My 8 yr. old is also sick tonight been up with him all night his fever just won't stay down I'm freaking out too so tired and worried
    sammy1979

Answer by sammy1979 at 6:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Honestly, it could be a couple of different things and the fever this time might have nothing to do with the cough and runny nose she has had for the last two months.
    After you get the most recent situation figured out (the more severe bout of fever and coughing) I would ask the doctor about seeing an allergist. My son has severe allergy issues and has a frequent runny nose and cough at certain times of the year. I would see if your child has the same issue or at least rule it out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it could be anything, is she possibly teething, I really hope you get answers soon.
    DOn't give up MOMMA

good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010