What a difference it made to my life

What is something you learned that helped you later in life?

My foster mother said,"Treat you husband the way you want to be treated. Bring out the best in him with love and you will have love for a lifetime." I just celebrated and renewed my wedding vows on my 30th anniversary. Yes, I have unconditional love thats lasted a lifetime! He spoils me rotten, still opens the car door, holds hands, & say, "I love you" daily. How awesome is that!

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Someone once told me that a marriage about taking care of the other person and in turn they take care of you. It really stuck with me. To me it means treating the other person how they would like you to treat them and also expecting the same in return.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That's truly awesome. My husband does that too, daily. We've gotten so lucky to find great men!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My teacher from elementary school. She said: "Was du nicht willst das man dir tu', das füg auch keinem Ander'n zu."That stuck with me and it means: What you don't want to happen to you, don't do it to others. Simple as that.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My dad had a little saying: Worry about the stuff you can, don't worry about the stuff you can't.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Congratulations! Hope you have another 30 as happy as ever.
    Ann610

Answer by Ann610 at 6:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• wishing you more 30 years together!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 4:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What I've learned, I learned recently and that is to never, ever trust a man because sooner or later, he will disappoint you and break your trust somehow.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010