How did you tell your SO you were expecting?

With my daughter he was in the other room cooking when I took it and I called him away to show it to him and then we called the folks (okay his dad whom I said I hate you at, he predicted it before I even thought of it)
With my son I showed him the confirm card from the local preg. center where I had gone for the free test while he was at work.

Secondarily my FAVORITE way I've heard is my SIL who texted his brother on father's day wishing him a happy father's day. Of course Sterling sends back, thanks love but not a father. So she texts him a picture of the postive pregnancy test. He was working that day.
Do you also have a favorite story of soemone else telling in a great way from your family or friends?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 6:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had spent months trying to plan something imaginative to tell my hubby we were pregnant. We had been trying for for so long, I wanted it to be special. But month after month, we were disappointed. I finally had an IUI done and for some reason, I was extremely nervous before I had this done. Like I just KNEW it was going to work!

Sure enough, less than two weeks after, I tested in the morning because I had a doctors appointment that day and I wanted to be sure that if I got any meds, they were baby safe. The test was positive! All of the thinking and planning on how I was going to tell him went straight out the window as I rushed into the bedroom to flat out tell him. :D He took it in stride but I knew he was just overwhelmed and excited.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Both times, DH was waiting outside the bathroom door while we were both hoping it was negative.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We were suppose to go to a party and at the party when he asked me if I wanted a drink, I said I would love one but I think you need to read something first. I had made a note with big bold letters that read "Roses are red, Violets are blue, We're having a baby, Congratulations to you too" and I handed it to him right there and then.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• He practically had to watch me the test.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We had been trying for 7 months with no luck..and I was ready to have my iud put back in..I told my dh my period had been late the month before, which it had..and that I was like 5 days late with my period in oct.which never happens. At this time he was in Seattle signing papers for a promotion, and celebrating his bday while he was there...he had to fly back the next day...I sent him a pic of the pregnancy test and he got it sitting in the airport..."late happy birthday babe!" lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• mine didn't belive me. he mad me go buy like 5 tests and every single one of them positive i told him get ready we r going to b parents. Now my lil man is 15 month old. He exceptd it
    cmjarvis

Answer by cmjarvis at 11:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010