Are you allowed to take baby water aboard a plane? How about breastmilk in a bottle?

AirForceMommy10

Asked by AirForceMommy10 at 6:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Travel

• I'm pretty sure they only allow you to bring baby formula (powdered) and no water. I would check with the airline that you are going to be flying and ask them their guidelines. They may even have a website that you can check with as rules and regs are known to change frequently.

Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Breastmilk and baby formula are allowed in quantities over the 3 oz limit, you have to tell the TSA agent you have it before screening. I don't know if they'll let you take on the baby water.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I got this off the TSA website.
    Medications, baby formula and food, breast milk, and juice are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding 3.4 ounces (100ml) and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Click here to learn more about 3-1-1
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• thank you so much for all the answers
    AirForceMommy10

Comment by AirForceMommy10 (original poster) at 7:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't think they have a problem with you bringing stuff on for your child.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would pump and store up for the ride. Then, pump an dump in private if need be. Bring a few bottles along for storage.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 4:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am sure breast milk is fine, but call the airline to confirm. I couldn't take bottled water or anything, but it was just for me
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2010