To the owners of Pembroke Welsh Corgis (Or even Cardigans!)...

Have you told people what kind of dog(s) you have and had to go on to explain what they are and what they look like? I have to do this constantly when I tell people about my two Pembrokes Mikey and Millie. This is such an awesome breed of dog yet not many people know what they are..

If you don't own corgis, do YOU know what they look like or anything about them?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 6:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Frankly, it is a good thing many people don't know what they are. When a breed becomes popular it gets destroyed by the puppy mills and back yard breeders. I don't own one but would love to get a cardigan corgi some day. I have worked with many.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I had a corgi. Harley was one of the best dogs Ive ever had. She had this awesome tail it was like a fan when she would wag it around you. She was so sweet and loving. I miss her still.
    Ariesdiva68

Answer by Ariesdiva68 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love corgis, they are practically human the way they think!

Don't feel too bad, I know harlequin great danes are confused for dalmatians, Boxers for pit bulls, and once I knew an adult greater swiss mountain dog at 125 pounds that was confused for a beagle! Take it as a good thing that the general public might not be familiar with your breed of dog....it means they aren't being over bred...yet. Look what has happened to health and temperament of some highly popular dog breeds!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love corgis... they were my childhood dog growing up. We had two Pembrokes over the years, Shiloh was the first one and Griffin was the second. Both very nice dogs. A lot of people seemed to recognize them in Canada... we may see more photos of the queen and of course she keeps corgis, and back when we got ours it wasn't even an option not to get the tail cropped, so the Pembrokes were recognizable as the dog with no tail.

Sniff... I miss them. They were both great dogs. Both lived to be about seventeen, but it's never long enough.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010