best way to have smooth ,moisturized feet in the winter?

my feet started to dry and crack as soon as we turned on the heat in October. help!

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Use a foot/heel scraper on them when you take a shower. Moisturize before you put on your socks in the morning and at bedtime. Vaseline (only need a little) is what I use, but any good moisturizer will do if applied faithfully.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Never ever use vaseline...it's horrible...anything with mineral oil is not god. I would buy some ray shea butter...you can get it cheap on ebay. This stuff is amazing! It's good for everything from the hair down. Put some on your toesies especially at night and then put socks on.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I get a pedicure about once a month. In between times, I also have a foot file in the shower and use it every time I'm in there. After showering, put lots of moisturizer on them, then if you are able to, put on heavy socks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Rub Vaseline on your feet at night and sleep with your socks on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I use a PedEgg (as seen on TV) if they get bad, then a nice butter balm or heavy foot cream (like Heel of Approval from Bath & Body), then a pair of socks to bed.

For maintenance, a foot file in the shower. Then put lotion on your feet before you put on your socks.

I get a pedicure regularly through out the summer, but in the winter, I can go longer with some maintenance on my own. I cut my own nails in the winter, and touch up my polish. Once it gets pretty bad (the nail polish), I'll go in for a pedicure. I save the real pretty toes for sandal weather!
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 7:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010