What would you do? Tell her bon voyage or ignore?

My sil spet two hours over my house eating dinner. COnversations flowed about everything. Fastforward 4 days later I go over my mil's house where sil lives also and my mil tells me that she is going to Florida for school for a few days. We eat dinner doesn't say one word about her trip and then in the other roomis telling her father to drive her to the airport. Then again my mil is dropping hints about her daughter's trip. Her daughter runs upstairs to her room and that is the end of her. As I was leaving with my child my mil is looking at me strangely because I just said goodbye to her and left. Was I expected to say bon voyage or what? I feel as if everything she does is so secretive and i am an open book. Was I right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I do not see why you think she was being secretive. She probably did not think it was a big thing either. Or maybe it is a big thing. She is running off with the 60 year old married mayor for a fling. She was probably afraid that you would see through her so she purposely kept you in the dark. No biggy let it go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it either.
    michelle5971

Answer by michelle5971 at 7:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't think you did anything wrong, going to FL for a few days isn't like trekking about the desert for a few months, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Seeing as how she didn't even tell you herself that she is leaving I think you did just fine. if she wanted a big production over it she could have atleast talked to y'all about her trip and said good bye herself
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with Ctink.....Scuba and Michelle!

What's the big deal.. its not like she is going OFF to college and going away for a few years and only home for Holidays!

Is going to DISNEY down in Orlando that big of a deal?( If thats where she is headed!! ) Nope! Been there done that and I live in FLORIDA!

I think they wanted you to be jealous or something............you did right Momma! Keep it cool!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Jealous? No way. I go down to Florida every year and have a blast with my husband and son. No , my mil just wanted me to know since sil is so secretive with everyone. But like CTink said since she did not tell me herself that she is leaving, I won't tell her either. I am so tired of this bs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ..♥you did the right thing it's not your fault she wants to dramatize everything and be sooo secretive she should of told you at dinner the days b4 and then maybe you could of said goodbye's ect..but she is only going for a few days not like it's for months or years.....♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you did the right thing!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• tootoobusy you are so funny. My mil thinks she is pulling the wool over her father's eyes with someone she met there. I think you are so right. But since she did not tell me in person and we hung out twice in one week, I could not give a damn. Her loss I am tired of kissing a@@ and being so poly politically correct all the time ans she just steps all over everyone.I am not saying goodbye...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010