Do you make candles?

I would like to start making my own candles and would love any input you may have on what types of wax you like to use, wicks and what you use to sent them.Also what is your favorite place to buy your supplies.

Thank you!

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 7:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I used to.....I would buy my candle and soap making supplies at: www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com for the most part. Thesedays I would stick with soy wax if available to you
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I haven't made candles since childhood, but I do know that there are plenty of candle making supplies at the local craft store.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I used to do them as a craft when I was a child. There are NUMEROUS sites online that show you 'how-to''s and you can use any type jar really that you may have lying around :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 1:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 3 yrs ago I was making my own and really need to make more running out of them to burn and this is the best time of year for that! I use to get supplys from http://www.peakcandle.com/ and some others what I did was use google and look for companies in my area that way you get better prices on shipping too!  I would also recommed using soy wax that can be cleaned up with soap and water pariffin is way to hard to clean up after words. HTH

Linda

Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010