How to pick building blocks, duplo, mega ...help!

My son has fine motor challenges, so blocks have not been in our house. He's eight. Recently I've noticed his interest in building blocks and I think it'll help build the strength he needs but I do NOT want to buy the ones that are too small, frustrating and will just wind up in the trash.

Okay, so I've looked at Lego Duplo... ? MegaBloks?

Love2laugh30

Asked by Love2laugh30 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Shopping

• I don't remember off hand which ones are what size... but they do come in 3 sizes. the small ones, the kinda bigger ones for like 4+ and then the huge ones I just got my 16 month old for Christmas.

definitely get the middle sized one. Just go look at the lego section in walmart, you should be able to find them.
    Anonymous

• what about regular wooden blocks? I still like to play with those and i'm 28! lol! so not something he'll grow out of.

Duplos are the mid-sized onesand mega blocks are the bigger ones
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you are not wanting small blocks...Leggos and Mega blocks are basically the samne thing. They are small and can be tough sets to put together. If you want a bigger block Duplos would be ideal. Leggos are geared for 7 years and up...Duplos are geared for toddlers/preschoolers so if your son is around sevenish make sure when picking out a duplo set that isn't to babyish. They have awesome sets and starter sets for both Leggos and Duplos...Also another good alternative would be lincoln logs. They still make those babies and they are awesome aswell. We have Leggos,duplos and lincoln logs in our house.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008