When do you decorate for Christmas

I know a lot of people like to put up their Christmas decorations right before or just after Thanksgiving while others wait until early to mid December. When does your Family decorate for the Christmas Holiday?

michelle5971

Asked by michelle5971 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• We usually try to put stuff up the weekend after Thansgiving. We can get so busy with sports and school, parties and everything that this works best for us. I love getting in the holiday spirit and decorating helps.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This year we got an early start and put the tree up last Friday (cause hubs bought it new that night and wanted to see how it looked). Otherwise I don't start fussing (aka nagging) to put the tree up till Thanksgiving weekend, and then I bring out all the Christmas decorations as well. As for outside lights, hubs does put those up early in Nov- -when the weather is still good.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I've seen some people start stringing up their home now but having turned light on yet. I suppose I'll be doing the same sometime soon. I've been gathering all the stuff now. Can't believe we're 7 days away from Thanksgiving and 36 shopping days til Christmas.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• after thanksgiving
    Ariesdiva68

Answer by Ariesdiva68 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I usually have a hard time getting into the "Holiday Spirit" and decorating does seem to help. Since we usually get a real tree I like to wait to get until about a week and a half before Christmas so the heat doesn't dry it out. Last year we bought a artificial tree...which I really don't care for...so maybe we'll put it up early this year.
    michelle5971

Comment by michelle5971 (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Usually right after Halloween, but this year we started late. We only have one tree up right now that I put up last weekend.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2010