What do Moms do for income when they want to stay at home with the kids?

MomaV

Asked by MomaV at 7:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• You might check out www.care.com. There are different categories of jobs like child care, senior care, pet care, house sitting, etc. And there is a "care gig" category that is other jobs that don't fit in the other categories. Some of the people looking for child care say it is fine to bring your own child or they will bring their baby to you. Just ideas......... I found my two part time jobs at this site. Follow the security advice at the site and do not give out personal info until you have corresponded through the site initially.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am the at home office manager for our carpet cleaning business.

But I also sell used clothes, toys and other items on ebay. Now that I'm listing and selling regular again I'm making about $150-$200 in profit a week. It's more or less depending on how many things I list and what they sell for.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• They do what I did, and find a job that allows them to work out of their own home. That way they are home with the kids, but also have $$ coming in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I used to babysit for 6 years but just this past year I decided to take the summer off and never went back to doing it :(
    I guess bc I was enjoying being with my family more...too much. But I do miss them they were good kids but I seem to have more time on my hands now :) For now I am a SAHM.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thanks, these are good suggestions. I have been looking outside the home but it is difficult with the day care cost.
    MomaV

Comment by MomaV (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010