How have you been persecuted this week?

Read this posted elsewhere on the site this morning:
"I'm not rattled by being persecuted or disagreed with on these forums. I was surprised however by the volume of people who are either ignorant or intolerant of God's word and what He expects of us."

I didn't realize the existence of people who don't believe in the bible meant automatic persecution. Perhaps it's more than that? Is there someone here being bound and burned at a stake on a regular basis? Maybe imprisoned for their beliefs and post here from a cell phone smuggled into the jail cell? Were they stripped of their bible and forced to watch it burn? Their children tortured and killed? Gas chambers? Is a difference of faith really persecution?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Persecuted? someone thinks they have been PERSECUTED on cafemom? they apparently have NO FREAKING clue what that word MEANS. I agree with you OP. To even attempt to claim PERSECUTION on an online social networking site is just LUDICROUS. someone apparently has a VERY highly inflated sense of self importance.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 8:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 100% agree with you!

Answer by older at 8:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• well...like i was totally down voted for like saying what i believe and stuff, and it sooo hurt my feelings and junk, so like yeah thats totally persecution!

but seriously, no, no ones been persecuted on here. one can be disagreed with and even ganged up on but its not like ppl are going to seek you out, come to your home, and ruin you or your family's lives because of what you say. i mean all one has to do is leave CM for an hour or two (maybe a day or two if it got heated) and tada! most ppl have moved on...most ppl.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Is being told you should be in a mental hospital persecution? LOL, if so then yesterday.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I wonder what people did before the Bible? Seems like everything in history really went south afterwards. Not saying it was super peaceful, but conflicts weren't about what gos you beleived in, it was more just about gaining territory.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Perhaps those that feel they are being persecuted could clarify HOW they are being persecuted. I'm curious.

okmanders ... I've noticed that you and a few others seem to be automatically voted down even when you say the same thing as someone else. I do believe you may have a hater out there ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We are suppose to have the right to freedom of speech, although it seems that is looked down upon if someone disagrees with you. If you believe in something then you shouldn't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings. Unless you are actually hurting them, then they will get over it or just not comment back to you. No one is going to agree on every subject, but that is why there are forums out there, so we can voice our opinions freely. If you do not like it or you do like it, then say so and be done with it. Why does it have to be so complicated?.
    meg4763

Answer by meg4763 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Persecuted? Hmmmm. I haven't been persecuted.LOL.
    I think there are a few ladies here who are so incredibly influenced by their strong beliefs that if anyone disagrees, they see it as persecution. To me,it is just being disagreed with.The day I take any comments seriously here at CM, is the day I will make an appoinment wth a Shrink. It is not healthy to feel persecuted. Not at all. Esecially HERE! LOL. It is just a forum, for heavens sake.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes. Jehovah's Witnesses in some parts of the world are persecuted daily for their religious beliefs. In Georgia, Russia they are currently banned and their religious literature has been confisgated and burned. They have been beaten and this includes men, women and children. Some have been imprisoned. Currently France is trying to impose a tax on JWs to the tune of $79 million. They are in court over this now. So while we enjoy religious freedom in this country other people don't fair as well.

For more info. check out this website: http://www.jw-media.org/index.html
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• In other countries a lot of people are being persecuted. That is not what the op is referring to. There are more than a handful that live in this country and love to say they are getting persecuted. The op is asking for examples.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010