Would you be upset?

My son and I have barely seen my husband in the last week and he seems to think this is ok. Here is how it has gone. He had Monday and Tuesday off, but he works nights so he sleeps all day till 12:30, then gets up and goes to the gym and to wrestling practice (he volunteer coaches the high school team). This is till 5:30 each night. He went shopping Monday after practice (for Thanksgiving, with a friend). By the time he got home it was close to 7 and out son was getting ready for bed. Tuesday same deal, he was supposed to get out of practice early to go to football with our son, but didn't show up until it was over and was with us the rest of the night (maybe 3 hours). He has worked Wed. night and Thur. night so we don't see him at all. Tomorrow night he has off, but will have practice then he is going out with his friends. Sat. he has a wrestling tourny, so he won't be home at all!

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 8:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• He really doesn't think this is a problem because he is volunteering and going to work. But I have a hard time accepting that we are put behind not only the high school team but his friends that he wants to go out with (who he works with, so it isn't like he doesn't see them)!!
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Upset? not really. I mean, if it is bothering you, then you should talk to him , without making him feel bad or being accusatory. Let him know that you miss him and would like an evening where he is at home with you and having a family night . Men are not mind readers. They need a bit of nudging now and again in the right direction.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 8:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should talk to him and tell him that you know his volunteering is important to him and you think it is great that he does it, and you understand that he wants to spend time with his friends BUT you and your son are feeling 'left out' and 'miss him' and want to spend time with him too. Tell him that you wish that on his days off he could juggle his schedule a bit and spend more time with you, maybe put the friends off till another day and have a 'family only' day. I hope he will see your side of things and make an effort to put family first on his days off. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with KatiPeas. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should talk to him and let him know how you're feeling
    michelle5971

Answer by michelle5971 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Just talk to him. Maybe he is just not aware of what he is doing. Men can be like children sometimes.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Dont' get upset just yet. Sit down and talk to him - when there's no tension in the air, and in a non-confrontational manner. Explain to him that you guys really need him around more, etc.... pour out your heart. If it doesnt change within a month... THEN you have a right to be upset.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 8:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010