Should Donald Trump Run for President?

Would you consider him?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He's too busy and it would be a huge paycut. :)
    I'll vote for whoever ends up on the R ticket in 2 years.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Over Obama? Sure, I would consider him. He knows a little more about money that BO. Most people who live by a budget do though.  I would have to know more about his stance on other issues before I would seriously consider him.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Jewjew, he is actually thinking about running. I've heard 3 interviews now(one this morning) with him hinting at it. He does have some good ideas and he is great on the money side. He says everyone will be surprised about his stance on abortion(not sure what that means) Maybe he is just trying to bring out the things that need to be looked at but he is out there. I'd have to know a lot more about him but I'd consider it.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If I find out more about him and think he would make this counrty better. Why not?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I know.
    He mentioned it when he endorsed McCain 2 years ago,and followed the statement by saying McCain won't win though, and America needed a businessman that could bring China to it's knees.
    He was talking about himself.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Donald Trump - "China is sucking us dry"
    Quote

"These people are laughing at us."

"We don't need dolls with lead from China."

"Tax any product made in China 50%, who cares if they're mad."

"The problem with this country is we don't make anything anymore. A county can't exist if you don't make things."

***
    This is part of his statement
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Just on the statements that jewjewbee posted, I would consider him. Ihave heard him say most of those things in interviews. I am not sure where he stands on other issue though. But he certainly has piqued my interest. China does have to be taken down a notch.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• mom2queenie
    If you are really interested, google trump cavuto china
    and you will get all the interviews to watch, he's really after china and import taxes and initiatives to increase the manufacturing of products in the US.
    the other thing I like about him, is that he doesn't beat around the bush. He doesn't have to. If he wants you out of the picture (ask Rosie O Donnell) you will be.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I like his stance on china but there are a lot of other issues that we need to consider. I doubt he will run in the end but like I said, just bringing this stuff out is a good thing.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would vote for him over Obama, but he is far from being my first choice.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010