a accident that took a piece from me and i need help on this problem

last yr is great but i also lost a part of me and i feel a lil depress on the way i look even in the morrior. i'm 31 took good care of myself the only problem the accident it did do some damage well alot of damage the only problem is i lost all my teeth with a broken jaw witch they had to use that metal and do a lil face work the only problem they gave me false teeth oh yes i can't stand them and they make me cry cause i feel like an old granny and i am hoping to find a better way to handle those teeth intil i can get those post ones Con

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• well tonight i was watching a show it was red neck wedding and i seen these ladys that was so proud of there false teeth and it made me cry cause i am not proud of it really i feel a shame cause here i am at a young age with false teeth from a car accident and i am also wonder is there a way to feel a lil better and not make them look false cause i see that in the mirror every day
    Anonymous

• Im am about 200% positive no one else can tell they are false. Look on the brigth side. You could afford false teeth and they probably look much more perfect than the average persons. My teeth are a joke and I cant afford to do much about them. I never REALLY smile because of it. Believe me no one can tell. I can never tell the difference. Your gorgeous. Love what you got!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It was totally out of your hands. I know they make permanent like implants for people without teeth. Look on the bright side no tooth aches and you don't have the loss them little by little when you get older and I'm sure they're beautiul. My mom had false teeth at a young age and you couldn't tell they were false.
    xxsthrnswthrtxx

Answer by xxsthrnswthrtxx at 12:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• im sure you are beautiful hun people prolly dont even notice they arent real...be proud of who you are and that your alive ..stand tall ..head high.. chin up...((hugs)) suzy
    azproudgrammy

Answer by azproudgrammy at 1:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My friend and I both have problems with out teeth. We are in our early 40's. We know there will come a time when we will have to get our false teeth. We joke and say we will get some that look like Heather Locklear's. It is a very traumatic thought at first--but then I realized that it's not like I'm losing an arm. I'm getting something that won't cause any pain and will look good. Wear them proudly. It could have been so much worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Can't imagine your pain. But the posters above hopefully have given you the nudge you need. You are alive. What a gift! ANd you got some teeth for now, aND you are getting better ones soon. Do your eyes up when you want to feel especially pretty. and wear lighter lipstick. I am betting you are gorgeous!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm so sorry for your pain. The above posts are so supportive and even though it's hard, do try to see the other side of things (that you are alive and not paralyzed, etc.) Also, no trips to the dentist! I, on the other hand, have been having to go so much lately these past few years -- I've had at least 3 fillings replaced and am on my 2nd crown, with another one due next year probably. So, that's $700+ for each crown (and insurance only covers half of that).

Also, I bet your falsies are beautifully straight and white! Another thing others (myself included) would be jealous of. (My dentist told me today that I should check into braces because of my bite!)

I'm sure in time, you'll get use to them and it will be 2nd nature to you. It's just going to take some time.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 8:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008