I need help on this item that I want to buy my fiancee for christmas!!! HELP!

I really really realllllly want to get my fiancee a fishing rod for christmas. But I have no clue about them and I want to surprise him when he gets it because we live next to a lake and he is dying to bye one to start fishing. I asked him and told him maybe I can get him one for christmas but he said that he would rather get it himself because its complicated to find the right one. I have a spending budget on this fishing rod up to $60. I just want to get him one until he can get his own. Fishing is like his meditation and relaxes his mind especially when stressed. Any ideas ladies???? PLEASE HELP!

dha8718

Asked by dha8718 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• Why not a gift certificate to the most likely store he would be gettting the fishing rod from. he has made it pretty clear he wants to choose his first one himself. i would respect that but help him with the cost. you could buy some lures appropriate to the fishing he would be doing there etc. you can ask any salesman at a fishing supply place on what would be appropriate. maybe get him a tackle box or something. and put the gift card inside.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 8:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Great idea, I did not think of that one. Yea I think it would be best to get him a box supplied with little things to start him off and surprise him with a gift card for his fishing rod. Thank you very much! :)
    dha8718

Comment by dha8718 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you go to a sporting goods store the employees should be able to help you with this as well.
    Ariesdiva68

Answer by Ariesdiva68 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010