I have been abstinent for over a year (1 1/2 yrs really). Why can us humans do it like the reptiles and the sharks?

Why must abstinence be the most proven (at 100%) affective at birth control? If Mr. Right doesn't come along, why can's us humans give birth without mating, like reptiles and sharks when I really want a baby the least expensive way possible (that would look like mom)?

Sincerely,

I want a baby but have no sperm or no money :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm confused. If you want a baby, why are you abstinent?
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Um....reptiles and sharks actually do need to mate. That's the basic biology of sexual reproduction. Reptiles and fish don't asexually reproduce - male and female are both needed.

I have to admit I'm confused about your abstinence as well. Is your husband refusing to have sex with you?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Um..reptiles and sharks DO mate to reproduce.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm a little confused too...
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• There are some animals that "asexually" but not those that you have listed. I see what you are saying though. You dont want to just have sex with anyone just to make a baby. You want to find the one first then have a baby! You dont have the money for a sperm bank. I get it I do but I would still be having sex. LOL I LOVE IT. haha
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010