What do you do if your childrens grandparents infer alot

Like always wanting to keep them acting like you dont know what to do with your own kid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• Seriously this question is asked a lot. Why do you even let them say anything - it is your child. I don't let MIL say anything about what I do with MY kid anymore. If she does I remind her that I'm am his mother and not her. You might have to keep doing this and you might look like the biggest bitch in the world but don't let them get their way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Like the pp said ALOT of moms go through this.. Even I did to some point. I just listened to their advice and THEN did what I thought was best for MY child.. You may even have to tell them that they raised their kids now YOU are raising YOUR child.. Its human nature for them to try to give lots of advice.. I say let it go in one ear and out the other UNTIL it comes to the point of hurting your child.. What do you have to lose? You just might learn something.. Good luck.
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 7:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think in general you have to take it with a grain of salt. If I don't let my parents opinions rule any other area of my life, why would my kid be any different? They have opinions and they have their right to those opinions, but it doesn't mean you have to agree with them - nor do they have to sit silently and only tell you what you want to hear or when they agree with you.

Part of being an adult is sometimes having to say, well gee. Thanks for your two cents. I'll keep that in mind- and letting it roll off your back.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Kestrel1 - Good Answer Very good advise..
    Anonymous