maternity shaped body trying to fit in regular shaped clothes

So I am officially too small for my maternity jeans (7 weeks postpardum) but obviously with 12 more pounds to go I am too big for my regular clothes. The trouble is everything I gained was all belly. So pants big enough to fit my waist are GINORMOUS in the thigh. I finally bought a pair of jeans that were an 18 but they ARE KINDA tight in the tummy and ALL my shirts show it. If I go up one more shirt size it looks sloppy. Any ideas? Should I just buy clearanced out maternity clothes in the next size down or wear nothing but sweater dresses and leggings? LOL HELP ME! I feel like a beached whale!

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• bah, don't you hate those awkward phases? i guess it just depends on how much appearance matters to you. if it were me, i'd just wear sweats. people understand that you have a newborn :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• sweetie i have the same problem and i just had a baby and i hate this belly look, my other 3 kids i lost weight just like that but this one seems not to go away grrrr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have had 8 kids and the first place that pops out is my belly, so people are always joking (and it's tiring, believe me) pregnant again. ahahha. not so funny. so I wear fitted shirts and pants that are a little tight. But I hold my posture well when I think I need too, and I also almost always wear some sort of jacket that disguised the side view. From the front, I don't look half bad. Also, I wear scarf to ake the eye to my head and not to the belly lard.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Sweater dresses and leggings are cute!
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 9:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Wear longer tops that ride right above your hips. Shop for straight legged pants. Tops are the easier part, the bottom half is what was troubling for me. Spend a little more on pants, try them on before you buy them. Accesorize! Accesories wil make any outfit look fabulous, get it guurl! :)
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 3:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008