Is the GNC prenatal vitamin program as good as a prescription prenatal?

Last pregnancy the first prenatals I bought at the pharmacy were 80 bucks so after that first purchase I ask my midwife to prescribe me something cheaper. The cheaper one's were 4 bucks but I think they were not as good as the GNC ones because I compared labels and the GNC one's had way more folic acid and c and most vitamins and it came with a separate Calcium plus D vitamin and a DHA vitamin. What do you think I should get this time around (I don't have a prescription plan at all)

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 9:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The over the counter prenatal vitamins are good enough IMO. What I used with all my pregnancies. You could also ask about taking Flintstones vitamins too. Better than swallowing those horse pills.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My OBGYN w/ my first pregnancy prescribed something and I was ill the whole first trimester. I have a new doctor this time, and she says that whatever I wish to use is great. I have always taken a prenatal though when trying to get pregnant, so the Wal-mart brand works great for me.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My doc said that Flintstones Complete are the best option for women who can't take the prescribed ones. You take two, I compared the percription vitamin ingredients and they both had the same amounts of vitamins.
    kfey2

Answer by kfey2 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2010