SO/BD going to a strip club without me?

my boyfriend told me he wants to go to a strip club with some people from work today, and asked me if i was okay with it. i didn't know what to say.

has your SO/DH went to a strip club without you? how did you feel about it?

i'm leaning towards i don't want him to go, but i'm not sure. As the girlfriend, do I have room to tell him not to go? what do you think?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 11:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• well, i wouldn't want my hubby to go to one without me. did he say he didn't want you to go with them? or did he just assume you wouldn't want to? and why are they going to the strip club, is it a bachelor party or are they just... going?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• let him go this could put your relationship to the test.....see if he is true...good luck
    Anonymous

• My husband went to a strip club before he says they are a waste of money in his eyes, all you do is spend money to get happy and nothing gets done about it - when at home there can be! I really didn't mind it so I said but truthfully I didn't care for him going and to find out he doesn't care for stip clubs was just the answer to my prayers lol. You have to do what is comfortable to you and how you feel, don't say the opposite like I did just to make him happy otherwise it will eat at you!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you could tell him how you feel about it but leave it up to him. that way you would know just what kind of guy your really have. i say accpet him for who he is and he will always be what you want him to be. meaning that if he is allowed to be himself and you don't like it you can leave and you would always have the man you want in your life. make sense.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i've let my man go plenty of times! i trust him and he needs MAN time with his friends. wouldn't you expect your SO to let you have a girls night out? even if you weren't going to a male strip club,it'd be a girl's night ,regardless. some girls prefer to have sex parties(pure romance parties) and nothings ever said about those type of things. it's the norm for girls-as is strip clubs for guys-unless you just don't trust him.......which is a whole different bag of worms!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If you trust him, let him go.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• thats gross.
    I would never let my husband go becuase I think the second he looked at a girl he would get an std! lol
    They have u wear towels over ur junk for a reason! i have worked @ one be4 and i would not let my man go there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• ew.
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i think i'd laugh my arse off if my hub said he was going..for one, he can't touch them, two, he's too cheap to pay for any special attention, and three, he's coming home to me..who's probably not going to be awake anyway..so either way, he loses. lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i would not have a problem with it at all...

for my SO, it would be just to hang with the guys and enjoy the scenery...nothing else would matter to him...i know where he sleeps at night, i know who he loves, etc...he wouldnt do anything to jeopardize our relationship...and he would probably invite me along... :)

and no, i dont think you have the right to say "you cant go"...you can say "i am uncomfortable with you going because.......", and then he has to make the decision from there...but would you appreciate being told that you couldnt go do something with your girlfriends?

are you worried that he is going to cheat on you? are you worried that his friends are going to try to convince him to touch a little? do you trust him not to?

peace...
    Monkeygrrl

Answer by Monkeygrrl at 12:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2008