How does your 2 yr old take medicine?

My 2 y old son is horrible at taking medicines. He will cry so hard that he will actually throw up? Any ideas on how I can get him to take it? Offering special rewards dont help. Would it be ok to mix it in a drink so he doesnt know it? Any suggestions please, none of my other kidds had such a problem with it. Its so frustrating... Thanks :)

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 9:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you have one of those injection type things to put it in and make it a game for him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We let our daughter hold the dropper and do it herself then we give her a small glass of water to drink after she takes it :)
    BOMBiiExMOMMiiE

Answer by BOMBiiExMOMMiiE at 9:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We have a syringe that we got from the pharmacy. I think they hand them out for free. Also, our pharmacy can add flavoring to some medicines to make them taste better. See if yours can do that as well.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I tried to let him do it himself and it worked for awhile... not anymore
    OoShannonoO

Comment by OoShannonoO (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my son does the same thing. usually wen it comes to medication i kinda just hold him down and try to get it all down in one push from the syringe. i know the kids dont like it but id rather my son get better than to deal with him being sick :/
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 4:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010