2 yr old taking medicine

My 2 y old son is horrible at taking medicines. He will cry so hard that he will actually throw up? Any ideas on how I can get him to take it? Offering special rewards dont help. Would it be ok to mix it in a drink so he doesnt know it? Any suggestions please, none of my other kidds had such a problem with it. Its so frustrating... Thanks

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 9:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• what type of medicine?
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 9:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Right now I'm just trying to get him to take some advil.
    OoShannonoO

Comment by OoShannonoO (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• liguid advil? i dont understand why he would even react this way? sorry. he is only two. this should not even be an issue like this. was he ever on something really nasty tasting that would have him react this way now? i would call a pharmacist if i were you and askabout mixing it with other liguids to make sure its ok.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 9:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes its liquid. He's been on tons of medicine throughout his 2 yrs. He's been sick alot so I'm sure some of the medicines have been nasty/
    OoShannonoO

Comment by OoShannonoO (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't know if this will work. But if my 2yr son starts to fight me on taking any I just get down on his level and say please. I know that seems small but it works.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I've put it in drinks, and even in ice cream to get a 2 year old to take it. Usually one of the two will work. Be careful, some medicines shouldn't be taken with dairy, but it will say so on the bottle.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Whenever my son acts like that, I offer candy or a cookie if he takes it all.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010