Stinky dishwasher smell...

Any home remedies you ladies might have for my dishwasher issue? I have done the sink pipes with baking soda n vinegar thinking that was the problem but the smell is still there when I use the machine. I could buy a store remedy but would rather not use one.

Suzie2mom

Asked by Suzie2mom at 9:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try running it empty with baking soda in the detergent cup and vinegar in the rinse aid section.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Also completely clean out the catch baskets in the bottom that catch the "big" food stuffs. And wipe down the seals with a baking soda solution.
    twinsplus2more

• I use lemon pine sol. I know it's not a home remedy, but it works for me. Pour it in the sink, let it sit for a bit, then rinse.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• tootoobusy....Lol Between by two cats and my dog I can't see that being a problem in my house but thanks for the idea. The stink is only their when I run the machine.
    Suzie2mom

Comment by Suzie2mom (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• twinsplus2more.....I'm so on it! Thanks
    Suzie2mom

Comment by Suzie2mom (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ooo! I just remembered, my aunt runs an empty load in the dishwasher with a little bit of Orange tang drink mix. She says it deodorizes, and makes her house smell fresh too.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Eviesmommy...thats interesting and I bet it smells great, have to try that one also after I buy some tang that is. ~smile~
    Suzie2mom

Comment by Suzie2mom (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• O.K. Ladies I am doing the baking soda n vinegar at the moment and so far so good! This might do the trick....~smile~
    Suzie2mom

Comment by Suzie2mom (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You probably have a dead mouse under it. You will probably have to pull it out and get at it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2010