37 weeks and so uncomfortable help relaxing?

i am 37 weeks and 3 days and i am so ungodly uncomfortable. I cant sleep and when i do i am up and down peeing. My hands and feet are starting to swell ugh! my emotions are so out of wack. i cant remember feeling this way with my girls who is 2 and 20 months old. maybe it is beacuse he is a boy? he is bigger then the girls too. could this play a roll??? anything you guys do to relax please let me know so i can try? thanks

shaynaj

Asked by shaynaj at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant i use to take hot baths or hot showers. My husband would give me back rubs and foot rubs. I always layed down on my side. oh and one other thing that would help the smell of lavender would relax me. So I would spray lavender body spray on my Pj's and my bed then I would take a hot bath with lavender bubble bath and then go to bed. That really helped. I hope that helps at least a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• agh. i am just as far along as you, and i'm pretty uncomfortable too. i think my hips just decided to fall apart. every time i roll over in bed its a big hassle and it hurts. luckily i don't get up to pee a lot, but i do move in my sleep which constantly wakes me. and then when i get up, its just auuuughh. to help with the swelling, you need to drink more water (sounds ironic, doesn't it?) have you tried taking a nice bath, and have your hubby give you a little massage? also, half a glass of red wine might help you to relax, if you aren't against alcohol during pregnancy
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008