How much do you spend on your children at Christmas?

Please give examples for ages. I have 16, 8, 3, & 2. The littles get a lot less, but the older boys want lots of expensive stuff. It is driving me nuts.

mommaofallboys

Asked by mommaofallboys at 9:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• I dont think you should break the bank on Christmas. My dd is 8 and I'm spending $300 but i only have 1 child. My SIL has 4 and she spends $200 on the older kids. She tells them their budget is $200 and asks them what they want. She still buys it and wraps it secretly but its nice to get them what they want.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• total, we spend about $200, and that doesn't usually include clothing or things he 'needs'. we use gramma's money-gift for those things..sometimes.
    oh, and we only have 1..he's 5 1/2.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have 2 boys, one 7 and the other 2.... We hope to stay around150 for each! Its tough when ur 7 yr old wants all the electronics on the planet!
    Elizabeth0828

Answer by Elizabeth0828 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This year... About $80-90 each. We spent a lot of the year picking up clearance stuff for this purpose. They are 3 and 6. They want expensive things but they will be happy with what they get. They got a Wii from Santa last year so we have already set them up for 'Wow you got a really BIG present last year! It's not every year you get a BIG present like that!'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have 4 children and last year was really rough and i was not able to do anything for them luckly i had an angel looking out for us and she helped alot...But this year things are great and we have planned on spending 250 on each child..so i am very blessed ..but really i wouldn't break the bank for all the latest toys they want....have them make a list and get them at least 3 things on their list each and then do as you feel fit...have a great one!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010