What size bed did you buy your child?

My child is three years old, and as I am looking around at bedroom sets I am not sure if I want to get him a Full Size or a Twin Size bed.. What did you buy your child?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• we went from crib to full-size. his bedroom set includes a dresser/mirror and the full bed, head/foot-board. he's 5 1/2 now, and we didn't see any sense in buying the inbetween-size to only use a few years. besides, if he has a sleepover, or if he's not feeling well, one of us can sleep with him in the full-size.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Twin.

With my first I purchased a toddler bed, after that my 3 other kids had a twin.

I felt it was a waste of money, I just bought a lower frame at ikea they have low ones, they loved the space.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I bought a toddler bed frame from a yard sale, and used the crib matress they already had. Then a twin.
    mommaofallboys

Answer by mommaofallboys at 9:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• we go from crib toddler bed to twin
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My kids went from a crib to a twin and they will probably keep their twin sized until they can buy their own bed. They have nice bunk beds. They don't share a room right now so the 5 yo has the low bed and the 7yo has the loft section.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When my son needs a new bed he will be getting a twin. There is no need for a child that young to have a full size bed. I had a twin until I got my own place.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• with my 2 oldest we went from crib, to toddler bed, to twin bed. with my 2yr old we went from crib to twin and will probably do the same for the youngest one to. they will all be in twins until they move out,
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My daughter has a daybed. I think it is a double. Is that the size just bigger than a twin?
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• All my kids got twins. At eleven my oldest got my full sized when we got a new bedroom suit.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My oldest (ds) has a twin bed, my 2nd (ds) has bunk beds (we just made him sleep on the bottom until he was 5), my 3rd (dd) had a full until last year when we bought her a twin with a trundle, my 4th (ds) has a twin but we will probably be purchasing him a bunkbed set when he turns 3 or shortly after, and my 5th is only 4 months old but will probably be in a twin for a little while.
    I always liked having a space for their friends to sleep when they spend the night, so the bunkbeds and trundles work great for that. The full size for my daughter was intended to be big enough for her friends to sleep in with her when they came over, but it ended up taking up too much space in her room, so we switched to the twin bed with a trundle that can be pulled out only when her friends are sleeping over.

Answer by missanc at 10:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010