If you are a major Scrapbooker, can you tell me your technique for doing it?

I just lay it all out on the dining room table, but there has to be a better way than walking around the table to get embellishments and photos and papers. How do you put all that stuff in one spot? I have like 17 books and do hundreds of photos at a time, so this literally takes up my whole dining room. thanks in advance for your answers.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am lucky in that I have an empty small bedroom that I call my craft room. But I like to spend time with my family when I scrapbook so I started keeping "sets" of stuff needed in copier box lids. One was all the stuff I needed for my grandson's scrapbook, one was all the stuff for my travel scrapbook, one was for my heritage album etc. That way I could just grab the one scrapbook and the one lid and have everything I need in one spot to carry down to the living room when I wanted to be with the family. It also helps me stay on top of what I have and when I run out of something I need. Easier to pick up when I am done too.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I used to go to Crop nights. I used a Crop in Style P3. It has trays in it that is large enough for 12 x 12 paper and deep enough to put a lay out project in each tray. There are 9 trays. It collapses down to a manageable bag with wheels. Then you can set your Tool bag on top of that. I don't get to go to crops anymore but I still use my bag. I really like having everything thought out and in it's place so I can work on it then put it back in there until I am finished with it. Hope this helps.
    CATsMom362

Answer by CATsMom362 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I try and do if after the kids are asleep, cover my living room floor with everything and watch my TiVO'd shows from the last few days lol

oh. and def a red bull!
    BOMBiiExMOMMiiE

Answer by BOMBiiExMOMMiiE at 10:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love the wonderfile! And I set up a card table in my dinning for scape booking weekend (typically long weekends). From friday at 6am until sunday at 11pm my husband has agreed to put up with my mess once a month. He also helps me to set up and take down the card table.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010