Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

does hospital help you sign up for social security number for baby? or you have to register in the SS office?

i live in state of NJ

Answer Question

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 16 (2,794 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • My babies are 16 and 19 and I live in NJ but it was part of the paperwork I filled out at the hospital.

    Answer by christinato at 9:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • I'd call the hospital and ask, we had to go to the social security office and fill out paperwork, but I don't live in NJ.

    Answer by ohwrite at 9:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Here in Ohio, you fill out paperwork at the hospital for the SS card and BC. The SS card is sent to your home, and you can pick up the BC or order online.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Try calling the SS office

    Answer by RedRowan at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • You might have to do a search, but for the state of MN they got it all set up where I just needed to sign and then it came to me I believe when I mailed, you didnt' have to come in. The SS office might be able to help your questions.
    Good luck to you!

    Answer by Sillylins at 5:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Ours in Co gave us the paper so we knew where to send for it, but nothing more.

    Answer by Jambo4 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Where I live the hospital does it 100% for you.

    Answer by ProudTeenMom319 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Im not sure if all hospitals do but the ones in Ohio help you get the SSI cards

    Answer by NevansMommy at 12:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.